I need to make a website

Discussion in 'Software' started by johnyb287, Mar 4, 2007.

1. johnyb287

johnyb287 Private E-2

I signed myself up to make a website for a club that i'm in and i've no idea what i'm doing

if anyone can help me out id really appreciate it

thanks
    John

2. ZachTheCreator

ZachTheCreator Private E-2

http://www.htmlgoodies.com has always been one of my favorites. Get a book from the library, basically just experiment with the code. But if your looking for a quicky auto program to help you. There's microsoft frontpage, dreamweaver, and man others. But those are the most popular ones i know of. And frontpage is probably the most accessible. And even easier than that you could always make a geocities or freewebs site with premade layouts. That would really shorten your time, lol, just add text!

Hope that helped,

<3 Zach

3. crazy_mamma

crazy_mamma Private E-2

Hi Johnny

To start with I would recommend that you get a pen and paper out and make a note of what you are expecting from your website, draw pics if it helps to give you a better idea, have a guess on how many pages it will be, will it need to be fancy, will it have lots of pics? what sort of colours will u use? etc etc... Then draw a 'site map' of how the pages all link together and thats when the fun begins!! :)

If you dont do that then you will probably just stare at the screen for some time, do lots of different designs and then change them again and again, its also easy to lose sight of what you need to achieve so thats why i always do the prep work to start with... As Zach says there are lots of places to get software to help you just drop the text in, you can google 'web templates' and come up with some pretty smart templates too!

Do you already have hosting for the site, and a web address or do u need to get them too? these are other things u need to think of! :)

Overall, dont worry tho as its not too complicated - honest ! ;) You can even design websites in MS Word if you dont want anything real fancy so dont worry, you will be able to do something fab i'm sure!!

HTH

Crazy Mamma

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds