I need to start my computer twice for keyboard to work without turning off power?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mcduke, Aug 23, 2013.

1. mcduke

mcduke Corporal

First let me thank you all for the help I've received from past questions. Now on to my problem.
    I always turn off my surge protector when I'm done using my computer so there is no power going to anything. So I first turn on my surge protector then the monitor and computer. I have a password for my system along with getting into windows. So I first have to do a system password, then a windows password. The problem is that on first startup try the keyboard will not work. If I push the power button off and on and the computer restarts the keyboard works. But, if I turn off the surger protector and then start the computer again the keyboard does not work. So in order to use the computer I have to restart the computer without turning off the surge protector. I also have tried using a new keyboard (the first one was ps2 and the one I'm using now is usb). Anyone know why this would happen??

I have the following system:
    Motherboard = Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2V socket 1156
    CPU = Intel IS-760
    Video Card = Geforce GTX 670
    PSU = Kingwin Mach 1 1000 watt sli ready
    OS = Windows 7 64bit

2. mcduke

mcduke Corporal

Oh common guys, no one has any idea why this would happen with my keyboard?? Is my motherboard the problem? I find it hard to believe the new keyboards would cause this.
    Would any type of virus do this? Say, a key logger??
    I've run my Norton's with no problems.
    I don't go anywhere where I could pick one up and I'm very careful about emails.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds