I need Video Card that supports Pixel Shader 2.0

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by choleng20, Aug 25, 2010.

1. choleng20

choleng20 Private E-2

Okay hello everyone. Thanks for your time for visiting my thread. I really appreciate it.

I just downloaded a game called "Requiem : Alive", a pretty high-3d graphics game. After logging in, I only see nothing but black shadows in my monitor. I can barely see the people and buildings in the game. The Game said "Your Video Card Version doesn't support Pixel Shader 2.0. Game shutting down" :cry

As of now, I'm going nuts about what video card should i get that would support this requirements : (Game Requirement Source)

256 MB 3D graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lightning, Such as NVIDIA GeForceā„¢ FX 6600 class card or Higher.
    Direct 9.0c included or latest video drivers, and supports Pixel Shader 2.0 or Greater. Such as NVIDIA GeForceā„¢ FX 6600 class card or Higher.

Here are my Basic Computer Specifications :

Operating System : Windows 7
    System Manufacturer : HP
    Model : p6241f
    Processor : Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU
    Installed Memory(RAM) : 6.00GB
    System Type : 64-bit

Currently Installed Video Card(Built-in) : Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family

Obviously, my current video card doesn't support 3D gaming. I understand that this Chipset is only good for Video and Movie streaming and other 2d graphics.
    I also understand the fact that i really need to buy a new Video Card that would support 3d Gaming and Pixel Shader 2.0

My problem is, I have no idea what video card should I buy. I dont want to buy a random card and stuck it inside my CPU, finding out later that it doesnt work. Nobody wants that.
    So can you guys recommend the best and cheapest Video Card i could get that support these requirements? Please?:(

I also saw this Chart which would be very helpful : Click here

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Yes the text in blue spec you have for the game that mentions the nvidia FX6600 or above or equivalent ATi card is what you need, price you are willing to pay will determine the model of card but for high end 3d games the best you can afford is what to go for.

However a more pressing issue is (I just looked at the tech specs of your PC) is the PSU (power supply) is way under powered for modern mid to high end graphics cards as yiur PSU is only 250w, now dont off hand know how easy it is to change the PSU in your tower as HP custom builds the case so not always that another higher powered PSU from a good manufacturer will fit.

May have to get the dimentions of the PSU in the case ti then check against another more powerful PSU, to see if it will fit.

Also graphics cards these days are not small in lenght mainly, so need to know if the slot where a new card would fit, can actually accomodate a mid to high end card.

Maybe check wirh HP what addon graphics cards will fit in your case, and if they have upgrade PSUs

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds