I need your collective help once more.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Roystacy, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Roystacy

Roystacy Private First Class

I came home to find that someone kidnapped my eBay account and I could not get in. So, I changed that info via another computer and the live chat and okay. I went in and took out my Paypal bankning info. I do not keep any financial info in my computer but I do check my balances there from time to time. Then yesterday, I turned on a game that uses the internet. All of a sudden the game was running by itself. It was as if someone was directing the mouse from somewhere else. I shut off the computer, waited a bit and turned it back on and everything was fine. Do you guys think someone has gotten into my box? How do I stop that? I'd hate to find that I cannot get into any of my internet stuff that require passwords. I have Zone Alarm in my computer. What else can I use to stop whomever is messing with my box?
    Thanks.

2. tym

tym Corporal

You have a nasty and or virus. Scan for it in safe mode. Avg is a good one, Plenty of spyware programs. Again avg has a good one as well both free.

If that does not do it. Then hijack this is your next best bet. Depending on how good youare with computers, thats one program to be careful with. Hit the spyware forum here. There should be tons of help. Best of luck.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds