I/O error code port interrupted F000:ID43

Discussion in 'Software' started by mhoward48, Feb 25, 2010.

1. mhoward48

mhoward48 Private E-2

My husbands computer will not boot up now. It did give this error once,"I/O error code port interrupted F000:ID43". Now I do not even see that when trying to boot up. It just will not boot now.

It was fine lastnight. I added a Belkin USB hub, not sure if this caused the problem or not? Anyone know a way I can get it to boot up again fix it?

Thanks

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Have you removed the hub? Sometimes a USB connected device will cause a computer to hang.

3. mhoward48

mhoward48 Private E-2

Yes, thank you. I did remove the hub. I then tried to re-boot, and it will not even show the windows logo. I then detached the hard drive, then attached it again, hoping this would work. Still would not reboot, or even get the error again, or window logo.

4. plodr

Go in and check that everything is connected snuggly.
    What happens when you turn on the computer? Black screen? Does the computer POST? Any errors on the screen?

Can you get into the BIOS?
    What happens when you press F8?

5. mhoward48

mhoward48 Private E-2

After the initial error that I got one time, that was it. Cannot get into BIOS. Neither pressing F8 or ctrlAlt,Delete or TAb. Screen is black. No errors are showing anymore.
    Thank you

6. plodr

From your description, I can't tell if the video is dead or if you have no power.
    The fact that you do not hear a POST might mean that the power supply died.

Do you hear fans? Is the power supply fan spinning?

Two ways to troubleshoot:
    1. Remove the hard drive and attach it to another computer using an adapter or an external case that will plug into the USB port. See if you can see all the files on the hard drive. If you see the files then the hd is not the problem.
    2. Get another power supply and hope that was the problem rather than a video chip. (At this point I don't know if you have a video card or just an onboard chip).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds