I plan on buying a new video card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kingaloalo, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Kingaloalo

Kingaloalo Guest

2. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

to find out what kinf of card you can use, you have to find out if your motherboard has an AGP slot. Most new cards run on AGP8x, so you must have at least an AGP4x slot to use them. If you are not sure, let us know what kind of computer you have and we can try to help.

Secondly, i would not recommend that card at all. eVGA is a lower end company, and for that price, a geforce FX 5700 really isnt the best deal.

for that same price range, I would recommend aRadeon 9600XT like this one

Sapphire is a very reliable company that makes good cards, and the 9600XT tends to perform better than the GeforceFX 5700.

3. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

easiest way to know is open your pc case panel up, look for an agp slot....if you have one your in buisness :D Also check the video card requirements as to the minimum specs.

ALSO invest 30$ more and buy a 5900XT (200$) which is ALOT better then that one and alot better then 9600

4. Kingaloalo

Kingaloalo Guest

After your suggestions I found this:http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-125-128&depa=1
    I have no idea how to compare video cards i ask that you guys tell me what the best video card I can get for 200.00$ is (newegg.com prefered) I still have no idea about those AGP slots so I'll try to provide info about my computer My compuer is an hp it came with windows xp home edition 40 GB hard drive 256 ram a Intell(R)82845G/GL Graphics controler, it had a 1 year warranty and i bought it about 2 years ago, it uses an intell pentium 4 processor with 2.00 GHz and i know nothing about the motherboard. If anyone could help I'd appriciate it.

5. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

from the sound of it, you have an on-board graphics chipset... which would be bad news because you would need to buy a completely new computer (or motherboard) in order to add any video card. However, I am not positive of this from the information you have given me. If you can locate the model number for your HP it will be helpful, and I can let you know for sure.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds