I think I have problems with my executable files.

Discussion in 'Software' started by crazydriver16, Mar 22, 2010.

1. crazydriver16

crazydriver16 Private E-2

You'll have to excuse me as I am a novice as far as computer knowledge is concerned. This website has certainly helped me in the past and I'm hoping it can again here.

Here is the error I get when trying to open certain things. I have no idea why it suddenly does that or where it came from. Out of the blue I had Windows XP Defender popping up all over my computer and have had this problem ever since.

C:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe

Thanks in advance.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I would be tempted to ru the below and do re-post in the malware forum area with the logs requested attached

Please read and follow the following READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide and once finished please start a new thread in the Malware Forum plus a guide on how to attach the logs HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post

It could be a file association issue, or missing file, for the missing system file you can use from a command prompt, start > run and type sfc /scannow may need the XP CD, but the suspect is likely malware.

3. crazydriver16

Ok, I appreciate the quick response but my 1st problem right off the bat is that I can't even get to my add/remove from my control panel to eliminate all but one of my anti-virus programs.

4. DavidGP

Hi

Have you tried Safe Mode (F8 at boot) to be able to get to Add/Remove?

5. crazydriver16

I am going to try this now.....When I try to run msconfig to get to safe, it prevents me from getting there....

6. crazydriver16

Nope...still can't get to my add/removes......Ok, onto the malware section....Thanks...

7. DavidGP

Shouldnt need to run msconfig to get into safe mode, reboot and tap F8 repeatedly until the safe mode list appears, msconfig is not likely to work in normal mode as your executables are not starting,

But yes onto the Malware forum and guide as best you can

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds