I want to 3 Way SLi/ Crossfire

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Heavenly, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Heavenly

Heavenly Private E-2

Hello everyone, been quite some time since I last posted so hope ye're all doing well.

Ok so Im building a new PC, my last one has last me over 6 and a half years but frankly its having trouble running even some F2P games now so its time for a total rebuild.

Heres the Mobo im getting:

ASRock 990FX Extreme4 - Socket AM3+ - ATX
    Heres the card I'm thinking of getting and remember ill be buying 3 of them:

EVGA GeForce GTX550Ti FPB - 1GB - PCI-E
    Im no novice to building PC's as I've built a fair share of them over the last few years but when it comes to 3-way SLi'ing I only have a brief knowledge.

So I went googling and found out according to a post in some forum last year sometime that there is no such thing as a 3-way SLi bridge and that I should use Single bridge connectors.

Yet I cant seem to find the Single bridge connectors at all. I do however have the Connector for SL'ing two Cards unless that is what is referred to as a single bridge I am unaware. Any help on this topic is appreciated.

Also, I was always an nVidia geek so to speak, havnt changed from them in years. What I do know is that ATi are quite good now as with 7 years ago. Any recommendations on Cards to Crossfire?

Im willing to spend at the most €140, as the PC im building is costing me a lot.

Thanks for reading:major

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds