I want to upgrade my Microsoft Office 2000...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Drift King, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Drift King

Drift King Private E-2

Hello, I am currently running Microsoft Office 2000 Premium on my system. I currently have Win 2000 SP4 as my OS (yes... ghetto, but it works). I want to upgrade to Office 2003. Can I just download it from the Microsoft website or do I have to purchase the CD? Secondly, if I do install Office 2003, how do I go about uninstalling Office 2000? Is it through the Add/Remove Programs? Please give me advice. Thanks!

2. Stubby

Stubby R.I.P. (September 3, 1949 - January 26, 2011)

Well, it looks like we're both still in the 'Stone Age!' I, too, am running Win2000 Pro (SP4) with Office 2000 Premium. That link you supplied was not a download for Office 2003, but rather a Service Pack for Office 2003, so it won't do you any good....unless you have Office 2003. It looks like you're going to have to buy the Office 2003 disk. However, to save some money, you just buy the Office 2003 Upgrade and install directly over Office 2000. That way, there would be no need to uninstall Office 2000 and it would probably be half the cost. Hope this helps!!

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

There is no way to legally download Office from the internet. You can download updates and service packs and support files, but not the actual software. This you mu$t pay for. You can usually buy the Home/Student version of Office for under $150; I've seen as low as $89 on sale with a mail-in rebate. Keep an eye on the local office stores (Office Depot, Office Max, Staples, etc) for sales. Sometimes even Best Buy has a good deal on it.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds