I would be happy with yes or no

Discussion in 'Software' started by hickshome, Apr 21, 2004.

1. hickshome

hickshome Private E-2

Computer won't start at all!

Hi All,
    I posted yesterday about my computer problems. Now, I was going to start it in safe mode, I had turned off the power supply last night, and the monitor and printer start up, but I can't get the box itself to turn on! Could anyone please advise as to the possibilities of this being a power supply problem or if anyone has ever seen a virus do this?
    Thanks in advance........

2. hickshome

hickshome Private E-2

Also, I should mention that NOTHING is getting power, the fan, switch light or anything will not start. I'm using my son's now, and am going to try to plug it directly into the outlet, rather than the surge protector (the one that is working fine for the monitor and the printer!)

Please help!!!

3. hickshome

hickshome Private E-2

to the question of could this be a virus?

4. hickshome

hickshome Private E-2

yes, if anyone has heard of one that can cause a computer to not get ANY power at all.

Thanks Abby

5. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

C'mon, home!

I see that you're here, but I'm reading no specs and info that could help us help you.

6. hickshome

hickshome Private E-2

Hi, thanks again for the reply and the link.

OS - MS Windows XP Ver - 2002 - Service Pack 1

Intel Pentium III Proc.
    933 MHZ
    256 MBRAM
    384 virtual mem a/o today in safe mode.

I had posted both yesterday and today with concerns of my computer having a virus. Norton scans turn out fine.
    I just tried to plug it in directly, and whaddaUno... it worked. So, it's booted up in safe mode. However, I keep getting a ballon that says "you have new programs intstalled" ever now and then. I suppose the first thing I need is a diagnostic tool, so I'll try that I saw a link around here somewhere...........

Thanks again

7. highly_volatile

highly_volatile Private First Class

I've had the every same problems a few years back. All my plugs using the surge protector would work apart from my pc. unpluging the pc and pluging it direct to the wall socket, it worked fine . pluging it back into the surge protector , it worked fine and has done ever since.:) I put it down to the surge protector resets it self some how :confused:

8. acejones

acejones A Different Title

no

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds