I would like to send my email contacts to another person

Discussion in 'Software' started by karic123, Apr 25, 2009.

1. karic123

karic123 Private E-2

I have (ATT yahoo) the receiving person has the same email setup. What do I have to do to send this person my complete email contact list. Both machines are using windows. The receiving machine is XP and mine is Vista.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Rick

2. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

:)

Do you both have Yahoo e-mail accounts?

dr.m

3. karic123

karic123 Private E-2

Yes.

4. dr.moriarty

;)

Ok - try this:

Open your Yahoo mail account -- Click on Contacts > Import/Export > At the lower portion of that page -- Export > Yahoo! CSV [Export Now] > choose "Desktop" for easy file location > attach the file to an e-mail.

Then have your friend reverse these instructions to Import your contact list into his/her Yahoo account's contacts.

dr.m

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  5. karic123

karic123 Private E-2

dr.moriarty,
    I'm not sure how the "quotes" work here but the answer is YES both email adresses are under the same master email. I am a sub and am sending to a sub we are not on a network. In fact currently in different cities.
    Hope this helps.
    Rick

6. karic123

karic123 Private E-2

dr. moriarty,

I will give it a shot. Appreciate your knowledge and quick reply. It may be awhile before the other party will try and install to their machine. So don't hold your breath for my getting back to let you know if it works.

Again thank you very much

Rick

7. dr.moriarty

:highfive

You're Welcome, Rick.

I have a subscription now to this thread, so I'll get a notice whenever you do post a reply.

Good Luck!
    [​IMG]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds