I3 2120 cpu

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hornnumb2, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Hornnumb2

Hornnumb2 Private E-2

I have a dell 2320 all in one that I bought broke off eBay. When I got it it had no internal video just video on the VGA out. I purchased a new backlight controller and LCD but still have no video. When purchased it was dropped and one of the touch sensor was broke off the monitor and just hanging free, not sure if it shorted anything. I have tried another motherboard also with no results. Just about the only thing left is the cpu and from my understanding the video is built into it. Could the CPU be putting out video to the external vga output but no internal video.When I try to load the intel video driver it locks up also, as long as its disabled it runs fine. I am just at may wits end with it. Thanks for any help you can provide. Michael

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

What is the exact model of the laptop?

3. Hornnumb2

Hornnumb2 Private E-2

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Fair enough.

Do you have a model number? I know its not that one because it is a Pentium CPU.

5. Hornnumb2

Hornnumb2 Private E-2

Well the model numbers are all the same on them, some just have pentium and so have i3,i5 and i7 but there all 2320. I can give you the service tag if that helps. 3RW9BQ1

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Sorry. I thought Dell had additional numbers to give specific hardware specs.

Does the screen light up at all? I don't think it is the CPU/GPU hardware-wise, for the reasoning that it works using video out.

7. Hornnumb2

Hornnumb2 Private E-2

I am just at a loss, I get no backlight or anything. I have tried several different backlight control board and 2 different motherboards. I ordered a new lcd and tried a used one also. The only thing that is the same is the cpu...

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

It is strange. I still cant help but think that there is a connection issue between the LCD and board.

9. Hornnumb2

Hornnumb2 Private E-2

Strange it is, this one has really stumped me. The lcd cable comes straight off the motherboard to lcd and that cable has been replaced also. The backlight cable comes also off the motherboard to a backlight control board and those cables have been swapped too. Just for the sake of it, I am going to take the cpu out of my office 2330 and try it tonight. Thanks Michael

10. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Let me know how it goes.

11. Hornnumb2

Hornnumb2 Private E-2

Well not the cpu, the only other thing I haven't replaced is the backlight ribbon cable. Got one ordered from China so will see what happens when it comes in. Thanks

12. djdmoney863

djdmoney863 Private E-2

Call Dell'S Inspiron Support (800-624-9896) give them your service tag (3RW9BQ1) and they'll be able to help you troubleshoot the issue. The system is still in warranty until 7/10/2013. You may have to fill out a Ownership Transfer form if you haven't already to have the system registered in your name before they can issues any parts under warranty. The Ownership Transfer can be completed at the link provided here( http://www.dell.com/support/retail/us/en/19/ownershiptransfer/IdentifySystem )

13. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

It would be under warranty if it wash't damaged. As such, no warranty exists.

14. Hornnumb2

Hornnumb2 Private E-2

Everything that should any damage has been replaced so maybe I can get by with it, I filled out that transfer form to see what happens. Thanks Michael

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds