i7 950 vs 17 2600

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by seksie, Jan 19, 2011.

1. seksie

seksie Private E-2

Hello =)

Im in the process of building myself a brand new computer..

I have been holding off on the CPU and mobo as they are the most expensive.
    I was planning on the i7 950 with an Asus sabertooth x58, but now that the new i7 2600 is here and for the same price *the locked i7 2600*

I was hoping i could get some advice on which to go with. I dont plan on overclocking (not yet anyways), which is why i figured go with the locked 2600. Still im having issues on which to choose...

All the things ive read say they dont recommend getting it if you already have the i7 950, but i dont yet! So any advice is very much appreciated! =]

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I'd go with the 2600K for two reasons, one is raw clock is 3.4GHZ as opposed to 3.06 and the power use is less since it's a 32nm die as opposed to 45. What sold me was an unlocked multiplier since I will be overclocking.

3. seksie

seksie Private E-2

yea after thinking about it some more i figured i might as well go with the 2600.. decided to even go with the unlocked one because its only $30 more, why not? lol

now i just gotta start my research on another mobo >.<

thanks for replying tho! =)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds