IBM Aptiva 2139 cpu error message in bios

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gato, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Gato

Gato Private E-2

Hello all,

I recently aquired an IBM Aptiva 2139. It is a junker I am playing with. It is running a Slot1 PII 450Mhz cpu. I replaced the cpu with a PIII 450Mhz I had in my cpu stash. It works great except for this error message that comes up at boot up. It say cpu bios update error and also a configuration error. If you hit the F1 key to continue...you're good to go.

I have updated the bios using the IBM bios and also tried the Acer bios as both companies use this V66XA mobo. Does anyone out there remember if there was a work around to get this board to run a PIII processor with out getting the error messages?

I read somewhere online that if you turned off "the bios update feature" it would work ok. I didn't find any kind of feature to shut off in the bios.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration, Gato :)

2. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

I never found a fix for it, not saying theres not one, but i gave up and just went past it at boot up. ed

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds