IBM Think Pad R 51 ethernet controller driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by cmitch, Sep 3, 2010.

1. cmitch

cmitch Private E-2

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me locate IBM Think Pad R 51 type 1829 ethernet controller driver downlaod and give me a little advice on what else I should use to set the laptop as wireless.

I called Lenova Canada and they told me that I would have to take the laptop to a local shop .. pay $60.00 an hour for them to try and locate a driver that one would think was on their site.
    When I asked for other help I was told my laptop was no longer under warrany
    and hung up on me... I felt that was so wrong
    I called a place in my area and they said Lenova were nuts and that they really should of helped me. That they would do the same thing as me and keep looking for the driver download.

So here I am begging for help

Thank you

Carolyn

2. cmitch

cmitch Private E-2

I somehow lucked in and got it somehow
    here is something I read that helped me

Downloading the drivers is just the first part of the process, after that you must go into C>Drivers>Win>Ethernet and run the setup file from there.

I am still looking for help on the wireless is that a network adapter

Thank you

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Carolyn

What Windows version and Service Pack are you using? this info helps as many users do install none default Windows or OS versions on their PCs and the maker as in your case IBM may not have the drivers, which leads to a new route of troubleshooting.

But if the default OS then install the Chipset driver from under the heading Windows install supplements (choose your Windows version) and reboot and then install the Wifi driver from under the heading Networking:
    Wireless.

Your drivers for all Windows versions supported and hardware devices is HERE

But to maybe help us help you the following may just give us a clue as to what Wireless hardware you have installed

David

4. cmitch

cmitch Private E-2

I apologise..
    I thought the file loaded the day I was answered..
    Here it is and once again

Thank you

Carolyn

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds