IBM THinkpad T40 Ethernet Driver problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by dirgedoll, Jan 5, 2010.

1. dirgedoll

dirgedoll Private E-2

My hard drive crashed and I had to reinstall Windows XP, and my laptop did not come with any system restore cd's.

I have an IBM Thinkpad T40. I made my computer a dual boot linux system so that I could get online to obtain the appropriate drivers to install to get my system up and running and am having problems with several drivers, the ethernet Drivers being the most pressing at the moment.

I have attempted going to Lenovo's website and installing them manually, with no success, I still have those annoying yellow exclamation points. I installed all of the driver updates on the site. I did begin with the Chipset first. I'm not sure what else to do, I have attempted everything that I know possible to make this work, and it just won't.

Are the drivers on the Lenovo site the correct one's or are there other drivers that I need that aren't on that site that I am missing?

Thanks! :)

2. dirgedoll

dirgedoll Private E-2

I also wanted to add that I have Comcast broadband internet and I am not able to get online with that connection when I plug in the ethernet cable- I know the cable works because I use it when I use my Linux connection. It's just that Windows Xp is being moody. :(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds