IC7-G RAID setup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by timsvpr, Jan 10, 2006.

1. timsvpr

timsvpr Private E-2

To all Abit IC7-G owners that overclock with a RAID setup. What ports are you using 1&2 or 3&4 and what FSB have you achieved? I am wondering which ports are at a locked frequency and which ports are not. Thank you!

2. ncc1701dhhr

ncc1701dhhr Private First Class

Hi
    I am running IC7G in raid 0, If you are asking about the memory slots I was running 1&3 when I had 1 gig now am running 2 gig all slots are full
    as for stable O/C I am running constantly at 3840MHz my CPU is 3.20
    havent even had so much as a hiccup at this setting but any higher it will run
    till windows starts to load then stops cold.
    in Bios settings are:
    cpu 235/AGP 66/PCI 33
    memory timings 2.5-7-3-3
    also note agp is fixed
    and game settings are auto-auto-auto-disabled -disabled
    memory is corsair cmxp3200c2 512 (4 sticks of this
    and yes I am water cooled cpu stays about 32c no load -36c heavy load
    hope this is what you were asking about.:)

3. timsvpr

timsvpr Private E-2

Thank you for that information - I was actually looking for what SATA ports you were using. Sorry for the confusion. I acutally have the same problem as you. I also have a 3.2E but anything past 240FSB and windows will not start. Even with over 1.5vcore of juice I still can't make it stable. I am using OCZ PC3200 Platinum memory. No matter what timing I try and no matter what divider I use - its not stable past that 240fsb. This is why I am debating on what RAID controller to use. The one controlled by the south bridge or the Silicon Image controller which is supposed to be on the PCI bus as I feel one of them isnt being locked at a certain freqency.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds