Ice cold winchester

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rikky, May 5, 2005.

1. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

I'v got sick of the stock heatsink fan for my a643500,its noisy and not that cool 45 degree's idle,55 degree's load,so I decided to buy a heatsink/fan.I went for the Akasa AK859 solid copper cooler with an adjustable 80mm fan,I know the thermalright xp-90 is prob better but delivery would have made it too expensive.I'M AMAZED with the fan control set to low 2000 rpm/16 cfm of air it's idling at 33 degree's,thats on virgin thermal paste,it's only been in there 4 hours,the temp has been going down gradually as the paste set's in and should improve over time.There's also only 20 db coming from the fan,to say the least I'm impressed.

Once the paste has set in I'll start doing test's under load to see how it performs.Tell me what ye thinks!

BTW the xp-120 wont fit my mobo without bending the caps!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds