Icons mismatched

Discussion in 'Software' started by videogurl, Jan 12, 2005.

1. videogurl

videogurl Corporal

hello?
    some help here please. Icons are mismatched to programs, files and folders. Programs run ok...just cant change icon. Desktop is ok,start menu,system tray and quick launch ok. Anything past that is screwed. Tried the del shelliconcache...this did nothing...actually didnt work kept saying bad file name.please help..things run ok though. Ive tried every scan imaginable too.thx ahead of time to anyone for input on this. :confused:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2005
  2. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

3. videogurl

videogurl Corporal

ill try thankyou...keep you posted

4. videogurl

videogurl Corporal

omg thankyou very much i feel like such a dummy! all i did was put the icons to large then back to normal and they all came back normal!...thankyou thankyou i cant beleive it was such an easy fix! ive been working on this for 2 days now! but how did they get like that id like to know...thanks again very much appreciated!

5. videogurl

videogurl Corporal

ok i take that back its not totally fixed...when i try to save a pic like off this website it takes me into my saved pics folder and the thumbnails have a funny icon on the side which should be a diff one.

6. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

Maybe the thumbnail cache for that folder have become bad. Try to delete the file Thumbs.db that resides in the picture-folder. (It might be a hidden/system file)

7. videogurl

videogurl Corporal

thx anyways but i just tried to save your avatar and the folder is fine now...weird...do you have any idea how they went like that?thankyou again.:D

8. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

Very few things are certain when it comes to Microsoft Windows. Most of my advice is merely guesses to what might help in a certain situation. Only the guys at Microsoft have the exact answers. I can only guess that the thumbnail cache (thumbs.db) was bad, and it somehow became good again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds