Icons Refresh When Double Clicked

Discussion in 'Software' started by tlledet, Sep 23, 2005.

1. tlledet

tlledet Private E-2

More of a pain than a problem. When I boot my laptop and I double click on an icon to open it, all my icons go away leaving only my wallpaper picture. They return after 3 to 5 seconds and when I double click the icon again, the program opens normally as though nothing has happened. This just started about a week ago. I did the scans from the Spyware forum "Read Me First..." and the pain is still here. My computer is an Acer TravelMate 2700 running XP Pro. Any suggestions as where to look for the fix. Thanks!

2. cr.Gena

cr.Gena Private First Class

Hi tlledet!
    It's a problem of Microsoft explorer itself.
    I usually solve this by reinstalling Windows when I'm plagued with it entirely.

3. tlledet

tlledet Private E-2

Thanks, cr.Gena!

I didn't think it was much. I can deal with it until Im entirely plagued, too.
    Appreciate you taking time to answering my thread. Hope all is well in your "neck of the woods".

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds