ID3 tag editor???

Discussion in 'Software' started by exeter_acres, Jun 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exeter_acres

exeter_acres Sergeant

Just curious if anyone knows of a freeware way to edit ID3 tags on MP3's

I do not want or need another music player... I use Media Jukebox free version and I really like it... the pay version has the ability to edit ID3 tags, but the free version does everything I need except this....

any ideas??

2. exeter_acres

exeter_acres Sergeant

Oooops, sorry, I meant to put this in Software... I guess my AMD was having a melt down at the time

3. jonsimmonds

jonsimmonds Private E-2

i know it isnt what your looking for but i just use winamp to edit my tags

[edit] you could check out this, was recomended on some music forums i post in - http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm [/edit]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2003
  4. acejones

acejones A Different Title

5. exeter_acres

exeter_acres Sergeant

I'm trying tag scanner, thanks Ace..I will also try your suggestions Joni......
    anyone else have others??

6. MEGAMANFRE

MEGAMANFRE Private E-2

I use tagscanner, and it works great. BUT, if you have any songs that start off with a number (for me its so far been just number 1) or if an artist contains a number (like U2) it will leave it off, which is irritating to me. Im gonna try the other one though, now that I found one that looks pretty decent.

I like tagscanner because of the batch tag editing it does. It used to take me forever to use WinAmp, and now its pretty fast.

Also check out File Renamer to rename your files if you like to keep them organized. Im anal about my MP3s and like to keep everything organized Artist - Track Title for file format, and with the ID3 tags, I just keep the artist and track title, dont need the other info.

7. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

The Godfather is the best, free or pay. Yes, it's free and here. http://majorgeeks.com/The_Godfather_d4676.html

8. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Just about every XP user has Windows Media Player 10.

It has an advanced tag editor. Right click the file in your now playing playlist, and you can add the files details, lyrics, website etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds