Identify Incoming/Outgoing IP Address???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by doxombie5, Nov 29, 2008.

1. doxombie5

doxombie5 Private E-2

Hello!

This is just a question! I am not having any problems with my PC! I've searched the other threads to no avail!

So basically I'm wondering if I am sent 2 emails from 2 different people but they came from the same personal computer, is there a way to know that they are indeed from the same PC. I also am wondering if anyone knows if I am sent 2 different SMS text messages from 2 different people that both originate from a PC test messaging service at the same PC, is there a way to tell they are from the same computer?

I was thinking maybe there would be software in Covert Ops or Internet Tools that would reveal the IP address. But then I was also wondering if the IP address is specific to each PC or if it is more like a general address associated with the service provider.

I am a little new at understanding how this may work. Is there software what will reveal the address? Is there software that can mask or hide or change the address so as to make the IP address private or undetectable?

Thanks for any help in answering these probably silly questions. Any redirects to other threads or explanation areas are greatly appreciated! And as always, thanks everyone!!
    :confused

2. FaramirX

FaramirX Private E-2

hmmm well i dont know about a tool for this, there may be one. But, my guess would be that you wouldnt be able to find this out because of the way Email works. You dont directly send emails from your computer, they are sent from an email services server. But they packets that are used to send the email form the orginal computer may still contain the IP but i doubt it since when you send an email its actually stored on the server and then resent. But i could be wrong.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds