identifying tv tuner

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by problemswithvaio, Mar 16, 2006.

1. problemswithvaio

problemswithvaio Corporal

alright last thread didn't work... could anyone help me identify my tv tuner I'm not too sure how.

2. acejones

acejones A Different Title

internal or external? are there any numbers on it...anywhere?

3. problemswithvaio

internal I see a buncha numbers Not sure which one to get.

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

If on the front, there should be a MFG Part#, along with the MFG. Also on the back, there should be a FCC#. You can use Everest, and it should detect the make and model of the card.

5. problemswithvaio

where would I look in everest?

6. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

It should show as "PC Tuner, or Video Device". Attach the Data file from Everest in .txt format, and we can go through it (make sure to edit out any licensing stuff for your OS, and other purchased software).

Otherwise, a nice picture of the card helps (make sure clear, and do not try to telephoto the shot where it is blurry and fuzzy). FCC# and MFG part# helps really well in finding out the device.

7. problemswithvaio

alright thanks so much for the help I'll attach the report.

Attached Files:

8. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

I am not seeing that you have a Tuner card in there. The video card is a ATI x800 XL, which is a Hi-Def video card. What is the model and Mfg of the computer (if OEM), and if it was built, are you sure that there is a Tuner card in there? If there is, there should be a 75ohm CATV connection on the card rail above the Video connector.

Take a picture of the card, and post it here.

9. problemswithvaio

alright i got a picture i dunno how to direct post it so I'm just gonna put it as an attachment.

Attached Files:

10. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

I need the MFG info along the Pins. Also, please do not hold it along the "fingers", due to you will get body oil on them, and that can cause problems, but no biggie. Also, is there any silkscreened manufacturer info on the back?

11. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

I have a question, the reason you are asking, are you having problems with the Video controler (ie MCE not picking it up during install), or just wanting to know?

12. problemswithvaio

I don't think i have drivers for it or anything I dunno how to get it all set up so i could transfer my camera to the computer...

ps- I found this in everest and it only appears wen the card is plugged in.

Device Description
    Conexant (Internext Compression) iTVC16/CX23416 MPEG Codec

13. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

14. problemswithvaio

thanks so much I'll give that a try... If this works outyou have no idea how thankful I am.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds