IDK whats going on with my video card please help :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cartmanlandsp, Feb 9, 2007.

1. cartmanlandsp

cartmanlandsp Private E-2

i have a very odd problem that i dont know whats causing it randomly while playing any game my fps will drop by like almost exactly 10 every time i have to quit and reload the game then there back to normal till it does it again of course

By way my temps and everything are perfectly ok

2. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Hi Cartman. Welcome to MG. :)

Have you tried re-loading the video driver?

3. cartmanlandsp

thanks for the welcome tried the 93.71 drivers twice same thing someone said this is it true and should i try those drivers? btw i have a 7600gs

"nVid fiddled with the clock frequency code in all sets of drivers after 92.91, which messed up overclocking for a lot of people with 7600/7900 cards. Taking into account a lot of cards are sold "overclocked" via their BIOS, a few people starting noticing artefacts in later driver sets that were not present in the 92.91 and earlier drivers. "

4. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Well 93.71 are the latest drivers but I might suggest that you go to Safe Mode and delete the drivers from there by removing the the graphics adaptor from the device manager. Then reboot and when Windows re-detects the video card then apply the new drivers.

5. cartmanlandsp

just did that same issues :( idk i give up

6. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Oh we don't give up here! :major

The next thing I would try is an older driver just in case the new driver has an unexpected bug.

7. cartmanlandsp

tried 3 different drivers bro as a pc builder it makes no sense to me ive built countless computers before and have never had a problem like this before

by way i was thinking it may have been psu well swapped that out last night and same thing

8. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Well it certainly sounds like a driver problem but just maybe it is the video card itself. Have you tried turning down the hardware acceleration just in case it's something daft like that.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds