IE 6 or IE7 won't load webpages.. works only in safe mode with networking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by infernalinferno, Aug 7, 2008.

1. infernalinferno

infernalinferno Private E-2

Hey guys!! I am having a major Internet explorer problem..

It won't load any webpages... I had IE7 and it suddenly stopped working... Diagnose connection gave me some http, https, ftp ports are blocked or something like that... I uninstalled IE7 thinking it probably happened after I upgraded to XP SP3 a couple days back.. but IE6 does not load any webpages either..:cry

Luckily I've mozilla and that works normally... so I can still access the internet and ask you guys for some help!

The funny thing is I loaded the computer on safe mode with networking..and IE6 works normally.. It is able to load all pages.. It just does not work in regular mode..:confused Can anyone help!! Thanks!!!!

I run Windows XP SP3 with a Kaspersky 7.0 Internet Security..

I read somewhere that Hijackthis will help.. But I don't know how to read the logs or what to do with it.. Can anyone help if i post the hijackthis registry log file.. Thanks!!!

Thanks Buds!!!

2. pacpis

pacpis Private E-2

Have u tried to run IE in normal mode with KIS disabled ?

3. infernalinferno

infernalinferno Private E-2

Thanks pacpis bud!!!

I tried disabling Kaspersky but it still didnt work...

Finally I uninstalled Kaspersky 7.0 totally and voila.. everything works normal again.. So I've decided not to install Kaspersky 7.0 again.. Instead just downloaded a trial version of KIS 2009 and everything is good so far... Damn!! I was going crazy that outlook connector wasn't able to dl any of my emails to outlook from hotmail..plus msn messenger wasn't workin too..

Thanks though bud!!! looks like Kaspersky 7.0 was at fault.. don't know why cuz i've been using it for a while..and it just suddenly outta da blue starting givin me trouble!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds