IE 8 recently installed

Discussion in 'Software' started by auldcodger, Oct 14, 2009.

1. auldcodger

auldcodger Private E-2

I was running IE7 and recently upgraded to IE 8 the problem is when i open a new url on the page it does not open fully and leaves the border and the maximise and delete boxes off so i have to put the curser on the edgeto make it go larger to show these is there any way of correcting this as it is very frustrating

2. Imperfect1

Imperfect1 Private First Class

Sounds like you're almost doing the right thing. Try this:
    When one of your sites opens and is too small, try manually placing your cursor on each edge of the page, and dragging that edge out to the edge of the screen --- thereby manually maximizing the page. (Do NOT use the 'maximum size' button in the upper toolbar.) Then reboot. You may have to do this a few times, but Vista should remember the new page size after one or two reboots, and open all pages to that size every time.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds