IE and FF does not autofill ID/Password

Discussion in 'Software' started by GFH, Nov 25, 2005.

1. GFH

GFH Private E-2

Hi there,

I must access a web site on an almost daily basis and repeatedly at that.

Most sites autofill fill my ID name and password (using FF and/or IE) except for this site. I must therefore enter both each and every time.

Is there anyway around it or is it a function of the aforementioned sites security that will not allow my machine to remember my ID/password.

It's most annoying.

Anybody know if and/or how I can have my ID/PW automaticaly filled in?

Many thanks

Gord

2. greenknight32

greenknight32 Sergeant

Some sites use code that tells your browser not to remember your login information. For Firefox, at least, there are a couple ways you might get around this. You could get the "remember password" bookmarklet from here: http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/forms.html

To use this, just drag it to the Bookmarks Toolbar, or click Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks -> New Bookmark, and paste it in as the location. Either way, it creates a "bookmark" which you click on before you enter your login and password on the website that you're having the problem with.

If this doesn't work (and on some sites it won't), there is a beta Firefox extension that might. It's not without problems, you can read about them on the download page and decide for yourself if you want to try it:
    Always Remember Password 0.3 (Beta) - The Extensions Mirror
    http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=621

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds