ie is hijacking me

Discussion in 'Software' started by muskox, Jan 15, 2007.

1. muskox

muskox Private E-2

help, every two weeks or so when i press the internet button on my keyboard or desktop link it loads up ie, instead of firefox like i set it up to do. i have gone so far as to block ie's access to the internet through my nortons firewall. intrestingly if i try opening ie it is blocked correctly, just every so often ie "sneaks in". spybot asks if i want to allow the change and i tell it no and remember this decision. haven't run anything like hijackthis yet, still just an annoyance, but it is starting to piss me off. it's a good reminder of how evil ie is. any ideas?

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

What is the keyboard button programmed to do? Can you post screenshots of the software that came with it, showing what the button assignments are?

What is the desktop icon a shortcut to? Can you post a screenshot of the properties of the file?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds