IE Maximized Window off Center

Discussion in 'Software' started by Fallout, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Fallout

Fallout Private E-2

I recently removed VX2 from my computer, well I guess in all of the pop up ads which had been occuring it threw my Internet Explorers Maximized location off, Now it is located at the very bottom of my screen, Nothing I do changes its location, The only way I have to look at a page full screen is by reducing the window size, I figure that this is either a scripting problem or a registry problem, Can anyone help me with the solution? Thanks in advance.

2. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Administrator Staff Member

Try right clicking the IE tab on the start bar, slect MOVE and see if you can use the arrows to put the location where you want it.. If that sdesnt work - 9 times out of 10 running the IE repair from add/remove programs will.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

not fully getting whats wrong.... a screen picture would help?

and what OS?

try this in the meantime,
    Run IE (If it's already open, close it down and re-open it )
    Then open a new IE window, goto File > New > Window
    Close the first window
    Resize the second window if you can by draging the sides out to make it full screen
    Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys and click the X at the top to close the window

IE should be completely shut down now. re-open it and see if it works properly now?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds