IE Mystery

Discussion in 'Software' started by maddog5234, Nov 22, 2010.

1. maddog5234

maddog5234 Private E-2

Hey all
    I am running a computer with IE 8 and all websites show up with all the borders black with all the links in boxes. Looks like a html nightmare. I can log on to another user and it displays fine. I have reset everything to default and checked to make sure all the settings I know are right. I am not sure what could be causing the problem. I have ran every malware ad aware program out there and nothing seems to solve it so Im turning to you guys for some advice. I tried installing other browsers with the same results. All jumbled up and colors are wrong etc.

Thanks

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Does it still do it if you disable all of your add-ons?

3. maddog5234

maddog5234 Private E-2

Yes it does. I just noticed that there is no service pack 2 listed so I am installing that

4. maddog5234

maddog5234 Private E-2

Sorry it was installed says I am missing reg files error 1919. That however is another issue. When I log on as owner of computer it looks fine and when I go to ie or firefox I have black boxes with tables and rows with the links all in blue. I checked all the settings and made them the same as the temp account I created as ie firefox displays perfect?.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds