IE not showing in title bar, default homepage MSN, ack !!

Discussion in 'Software' started by leeanne172, Jun 24, 2006.

1. leeanne172

leeanne172 Private E-2

I formatted my drive yesterday for a nice fresh summer clean system but now I have a problem with my title bar and homepage, it constantly goes back to msn (I normally use google) and it doesn't say 'internet explorer' in the title bar:

[​IMG]

no viruses, no spyware, already tried going into the registry to change the title bar title but it doesn't work, I also tried to reinstall IE but it said I have the lastest version .. any suggestions on what could be the cause of this? using XP SP2. I did have a problem with the latest version of zone alarm causing the BSOD so I went to an older version but other then that I have done nothing out of the ordinary, ideas? =\

Thanks

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Hace you done the tools / options / set homepage thing?

3. leeanne172

leeanne172 Private E-2

yes I have, many times .. keeps going back to msn

4. infoseeker

infoseeker Master Sergeant

5. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

go to tools , internet options, programs. down at the bottom it will say, ie should check to see if it is the default browser, check that and it should give you the choice. ed

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds