IE Renders Everything (not any more)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Orbi, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Orbi

Orbi Private E-2

[font=&quot]Hello all this is my first time here, i hope i can get some help and i hope i can be of some help. my areas of knowledge are mainly in design, systems (knowledge/ information) interactive (multimedia) and graphic so I will b looking for topics i can help on and you know my name now!

Today’s challenge for orbi is a bit of a messy XP problem. I came into work this morning and one of the machines in here had a problem with outlook when you went to view an email it would throw an error up saying the application or DLL C:\windows\system32\msls31.dll is not a valid windows image this was followed with similar errors with dxtrans.dll and mshtmled.dll??!!

i tried to go to the web to get a solution. IE (v6) went through all the motions of connecting to a web site and downloading the htm and graphics but when 'done' did not display anything!! this was the same for all sites and there where no error messages.

I tried to auto update ..but this uses IE
    I tried to rollback to Friday ... but this uses similar screen renderers (as far as i can tell)
    I tried to rollback using the command prompt ...... which launches gui

I was intrigued and went to search for more solutions but while I was searching .... a college formatted the machine!! So now the prop is gone so I cant fix it. Can anyone help i would like to solve the non existent problem.

I hope i have explained the problem well, please request if i havent.
    [/font]

2. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

Hey, Orbi, welcome to Major Geeks!

The problem, my friend, is that no matter what anyone here suggests, you will have no idea what works and which of several guesses is the right one, because your colleague formatted the troubled machine, the problem no longer exists, and tests of solutions are no longer possible.

I can't see you getting a lot of useful help on this one, Orbi, but hang around and try again when there's a problem we can try solutions on and verify successes ... on.

3. Orbi

Orbi Private E-2

True

[font=&quot]If anyone came across a similar problem or recognises the situation i would love to hear how you got around it or what the issue u had. Its an issue im very interested in knowing more about as the immediate solutions seemed to have been effected by the problem

Thanks any how, i will stick around it looks like a helpful place.

Hope i can help out too

Orbi
    <still looking for that all meaningful sign off>[/font]

4. Tekel

Tekel Private E-2

For anyone else that may land here from a google search, I had this exact problem on a client's machine. It was fixed by running "sfc /scannow".

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds