IE Title/Caption not showing while in taskbar

Discussion in 'Software' started by Don Kelly, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Don Kelly

Don Kelly Private E-2

Sorry everyone, for the interruption, but I just registered and can't find how to post an original question. Maybe one of you can tell me how to do that? Also, my immediate problem that started about two weeks ago, is I no longer get the name(s) of the sites I have open in the latest edition of Internet Explorer, all I get at the bottom of my screen is a whole bunch of Squares, the the website name used to be displayed. When I have several sites open, you can imagine my delimma as to which site is which! HELP will be appreciated. Don Kelly, 3/23/05

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

3. Don Kelly

Don Kelly Private E-2

I did a print screen and saved it in MS Word. However, I was unable to cut & paste it here. Can I e-mail the saved screen to you or is there another or better way? My e-mail address is: /EMAIL]

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Here's Don's screen shot for everyone to see. Very strange.

Attached Files:

5. Don Kelly

Don Kelly Private E-2

Note at the bottom of the picture, you will see three explorer icons with several squares to the right of each icon. Just above these three, the larger, yellow squares is what I see when I point my mouse to one of the lower three explorer icons. I don't get to see the Site ID, unless I open each one. I've tried turning off all my anti-virus, spam, & spy ware detector programs, but the squares don't go away. What might I have done to create this problem. It only started a couple of weeks ago. If all else fails, I'll have to do a restore from about two or three weeks ago. DEK, 3/24

6. Don Kelly

Don Kelly Private E-2

Has anyone thought of a possible solution to my problem? Don 3/29

7. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Don, I had some thoughts about the page encoding, but I tested and I couldn't reproduce the error.
    Make sure that the pages are set for the proper language. If you right click on a page.. choose encoding from the menu and make sure it's on UTF-8 or UTF-16.

8. Don Kelly

Don Kelly Private E-2

I right clicked as suggested and tried various Encodings for the web pages. They were encoded "Western European" with "(Windows)" shown to the right of the words. When I changed it to UTF-8 nothing changed. UTF-16 was not showing as an option.
    DEK, 3/29,

9. Don Kelly

Don Kelly Private E-2

Maybe I should just delete Internet Explorer, then download the latest version from scratch, since nobody has offered another solution. What do think? Don 4/05

10. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds