IE updates in Mozilla Foxfire??

Discussion in 'Software' started by gcpamking, Mar 8, 2008.

1. gcpamking

gcpamking Private E-2

Had a problem with IE and tried everything to get it to work, including deleting and reinstalling it, tried fixes and finally gave up and went to Mozilla Firefox. Great move and I'm not sorry, my only problem is I still have Microsoft Professional Office XP and I can't get any of the updates as I cannot run IE!!

What can I do to receive updates?

Thanks in advance.....

Pam

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. gcpamking

gcpamking Private E-2

Tried to do what you said re adding the plug in and it still will not work? any other suggestions?

4. gcpamking

gcpamking Private E-2

Thanks for the new info and yes, I did try Halo's other alternative without success.....I still cannot receive the updates and that's why I sent the last thread!!

5. gcpamking

gcpamking Private E-2

thank you and I guess I was being a bit "testy" as I am not as astute as you are, which is why I turn to you for help....that being said, I will go in and use the link from Microsoft which should allow me to download and save the security updates to disk, which when done will allow me to run them like any other application I have done before.....I'll let you know in detail what happens....

Really, Thanks
    Pam

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds