IE6 Blank entry in content settings

Discussion in 'Software' started by Vambo, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Vambo

Vambo Private E-2

Hi,

I'm running XP Home, and a blank entry has appeared in my allow/disallow sites listing in content advisor. This is allowing access to all sites without requesting the supervisor password, and with two young kids, you can see my concerns.

I've tried deleting it but each time it just keeps coming back.

Hijackthis/Cwshredder/Spybot/Adaware/Norton AV/Spwareblaster/Spyguard etc are unable to find anything.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.

2. Vambo

Vambo Private E-2

Hi, thanks for the welcome.

I should have mentioned I'm running the latest version of Zonealarm (doh!), I've watched the task manager on several occasions (sorted by CPU activity) but haven't caught anything suspicious yet.

In desperation I did edit the registry and remove all entries from the list (by deleting the last entry which was incomplete (could the registry be hitting some kind of size limit?)), but no sooner had I finished revisiting my fave sites (none considered suspicious) and rebuilding the approved list (100+ entries) than it appeared again, so I suspect it's something that runs periodically.

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

4. Vambo

Vambo Private E-2

Hi Adrynalyne,

Thanks, I have done all of this, my first sweep of HJT did find 6 entries I didn't recognise and removed, but subsequent runs have shown up nothing else and I still have the problem.

Vambo

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds