IE6 / Mozilla problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dayvo, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Dayvo

Dayvo Private E-2

Hi all, Hope you can help me with my dilema
    When i use IE6 to surf the web it hangs for about 15 seconds then defaults to Mozilla firefox before opening the page . After uninstalling Mozilla and use IE6 i get an error saying " application not found" when ever i type in a web address.The reason i uninstalled Firefox is that when i go to one of the forums i am a member of , there is no provision for changing text size or uploading pics using Mozilla. I am using Mozilla Firefox version 3.0.5 and XP pro
    Please can this be explained in simple English as where computer jargon is concerned i'm at the bottom of the class lol.
    Thank you in advance for you help.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Search for iexplore.exe
    When you find it, click on it. It should open IE 6 for you.

Holding down the ctrl key while clicking the + sign increases the font size in FF. To decrease, hold ctrl while clicking - sign.
    I have no trouble uploading pictures using FF to several sites. Some sites do not allow uploads of certain types of files.

3. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

You could try an upgrade to IE 7, as it can be downloaded with Firefox now. Surprised you haven't already installed IE 7, as you are using the updated version of FF. There is also Flock web browser, another Mozilla/Firefox offshoot whose default search is Yahoo instead of Google, easy enough to change the settings after a little tinkering. You could also try start, Control Panel. Add or Remove Programs/ Add/Remove Windows Components and make sure the box is checked adjacent to Internet Explorer. If it isn't check it and apply, restart. If it is uncheck it apply, restart, check it and apply, restart whew...rolleyes

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds