IE7 freezes when saving Internet Options

Discussion in 'Software' started by johngie, Nov 20, 2006.

1. johngie

johngie Private E-2

Like it says :( After changing (say) security options, hitting OK freezes IE7. Task Manager says its not responding. Anyone else seeing this?

I "accepted" M$ update of IE7 today - I beginning to wish I hadn't. But going back seems to have its own issues - see thread "IE6 gone crazy" in this forum.

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

When it freezes, how do you terminate the program?

If it were to freeze, and you closed it by clicking the x button, and received a "program not responding" message, then there will be further information available in event viewer. To check event viewer, please do the following:

1. Right-click 'My Computer'
    2. Select 'Manage'
    3. On the 'Computer Management' window, expand 'Event Viewer'

Check through the 'Application' and 'System' logs (Internet Explorer 7 might have a log as well, IIRC) for any red x's or yellow exclamation marks that correspond to your application hangs. Post back with the event id number, the source of the error, as well as the description text.

3. shanrene123

shanrene123 Private First Class

Just a word of caution from personal experience with IE7: it is lousy as a browser:rolleyes: , in my opinion. I was using it for a day or so, and my PC started freezing up every time I went to close the browser window. Had to do a "cold shut down" every time. I deleted it, & went back to IE6. Now I am using Mozilla Firefox as my browser, which you can download here on geeks. Geeks actually recommends using something other that any of the IE's for a browser, in my understanding. I've had good luck with Firefox so far. Just an idea for you. Good luck, Shannon

4. johngie

johngie Private E-2

Thanks Shanrene! In fact I've found that it does eventually close if you leave it a loooong time:)

I've got Firefox v.1.5 on my computer, but found it had some odd quirks like failing to do a proper print preview with all the pages. I'd also heard some dark thinks about bugs in v.2. Have they been sorted?

Regards

johngie

5. theefool

theefool Geekified

Such as? Just curious. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds