IE7 homepage problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by wayne45, Oct 31, 2007.

1. wayne45

wayne45 Private E-2

I have recently started having problems with my homepage being redirected. When I open IE7, instead of seeing yahoo as my homepage, it goes to MSN. I have tried changing it back to yahoo, but it doesn't work. :confused

I have posted this problem on malware and they were helpful, but couldn't get rid of the problem. They recommended to try the software forum to see if anyone else could help.

I have tried using firefox, and it works great. I have no problem using whatever homepage I like.

Do you have any suggestions. Thanks.

2. wayne45

wayne45 Private E-2

I ran the scans from kaspersky and it did not detect anything. :confused

Any ideas?

3. abri

abri MajorGeek

Hi wayne45!
    I wanted to add a note here myself, since I mentioned I had this problem as well. I ran IE7 today using an option called no add-ons and much to my surprise, my "current page" button lighted back up. It's one of the settings directly under the tools button. Please try this and see if this gets you farther.
    abri

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds