IE7 Window will not open maximized

Discussion in 'Software' started by kojack22, Jun 22, 2008.

1. kojack22

kojack22 Private E-2

I am using IE7 with which includes tabbed browsing. When I open IE from the IE icon in my taskbar it opens maximized. But when I close it and then open a shortcut link from the desktop it only opens about 1/3 in the middle of the screen. This also happens if I am in IE and click a link that will open a new window.

I tried opening the window, resizing it by stretching it and then clicked on the X (also tried by selecting exit). I also tried opening the window, maximizing it and did the same two things.

Is there a trick to this. It worked before but I don't remember what I did to correct the problem.

Thanks.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

You need to only have one IE window open and only one tab, then do the manual stretching of the IE window and then click the X, you may have to do this a few times for it to stick.

However if your having other IE issues as in your other thread here http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=162550 the advice given to follow the malware read me and attach your logs in a NEW thread in the Malware Forum is well worth following up.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds