IE8 Error: You do not have privileges to perform this command

Discussion in 'Software' started by vikomia, Nov 4, 2010.

1. vikomia

vikomia Private E-2

Hi there:

I've been having a problem, I've installed a Windows 7 Ultimate in a PC (the ultimate version is because they needed another language and have the ability to switch to English at any time), not a brand new PC (HP Pavillion a220n) and when I install it it said I might have problems with the video card, NVidia (nVIDIA GeForce 4 MX Integrated (CR17) AGP 4X), this one is not supported by Win7 due the aero thing, so I googled it for some answers, and I read that the WinXP update works fine in Win7, but it not allows you to have the translucent effect of aero, I shoot it and it's working fine, no aero thing but that's ok,

BUT ...

When I tried to run Internet Explorer (IE8) I got this error:
    Box title: Error
    Box text: You do not have privileges to perform this command
    Options: Accept

After hitting this only option a second box appears:

Internet Explorer stop working
    Windows can search for a solution online

Options (w/a green arrow):
    -> Search for a solution online and close the program
    -> Close the program

and in details:
    Problem event name: APPCRASH
    Application name: iexplore.exe
    Version: 8.0.7600.16671
    Application Time Mark: 4c86f9be
    Error Module name: ntdll.dll
    version of the err module: 6.1.7600.16559
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Shift: 0005212d
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Regional Config Id: 1033
    Aditional Information 1: a26f
    Aditional Information 2: a26ff2d4759f90086219af9f960b19fd
    Aditional Information 3: 45fa
    Aditional Information 4: 45fac056e22f51a236fac4e62f50ef8a

It is not necesary to say there's no online solution. it only crash (also I was thinking, "If they find the solution, how can I view it???")

Now, I download firefox and google chrome and I DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEM AT ALL, they just work fine!, no issues. I run all the applications and the only one where I have this issue is in IE8, puahf!
    I uninstall IE8 and reinstall, but the same error. grrr
    I restore from a previous restore point and IE8 worked fine, but after installing this nVidia Drivers I have the IE8 crash, (more grrr.) but EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS FINE!.

I read that if you run the version with NO Add-ons the problem can be fixed, NOT for me. Still I got the Error. (I have AVG as AV and that was the only add-on installed, I have it disabled now in the full version)

Also I read that the AV can be the cause of this problem, not for me, I uninstall AV (I have AVG 2011, free version) and still the IE8 crashed.

Another thing:
    When I run IE8 as Administrator it works fine!, mmmm.
    NOTE: when I look into the Security tab of the IE8 properties I see the User, SYSTEM and Administrator has the same profile, that is "Allow" in all the instances except in Special where all 3 are not checked.

Conclusion:
    So it looks like there's an issue related to the credentials in the relationship IE8/driver or so.
    This issue or problem is only related to IE8 and privileges.

Question:
    Where and how these "privileges" are being setup?
    How and where these "privileges" can be reviewed/modified for a specific program/application.
    What else do you recommend (there's no answer in the microsoft website)

If you need more info please let me know.

(BTW: I recommended to buy a videocard, but the user wants to have a temporary solution, untill he can get another PC, he doesn't want to spend more money on this old PC)

PC Info:
    HP Pavillion a220n
    Processor: AMD Athlon XP 2600+ -166.4 Mhz
    Video Card: nVIDIA GeForce 4 MX Integrated (CR17) - AsusTek
    Video Bus: AGP 4X
    Video Chipset Rev.: A3
    MoBo: ASUS A7N8X-LA
    Mo Chipset: nVidia nForce2 (Crush18) + MCP2
    BIOS: American Megatrends Ver. 3.21
    RAM: 1,536 MB (
    HDD: Primary Seagate E-IDE 120 GB
    Ext HDD: USB SATA 1TB

Any advise is welcome, thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds