IE8 installation won't go past file extraction

Discussion in 'Software' started by jbclem, Nov 23, 2008.

1. jbclem

jbclem Private E-2

When I run the IE8 download file, IE-WindowsXP-X865-ENU.exe, a window pops up showing the files extracting to e:\2pce....... (a long series of numbers). After a short while the window disappears and that's it. Nothing else happens. If I try again, the window pops up again extracting the files but the series of numbers, in the e:\ path, are different.

I haven't been able to get past this point. And I haven't found any such named file in my E: root directory. I've tried downloading the IE8 installation file 4 times but each time same problem.

Any ideas about this problem. I'm using WinXP pro version 2002. Pentium4 2.4mHz computer with 1GB Ram.

jc

2. jbclem

jbclem Private E-2

Although I normally run Windows 2000, I installed WinXP on a separate partition just so I could try out IE8...I'm very interested to know if it's truly solved the memory leakage problems(and high cpu% usage) that plague Firefox when there are many tabs open. That's the only reason I'm interested in IE8. So although I'm not too concerned about problems with WinXP, since you've brought up the subject, can you detail these IE8 specific corruption problems you're worried about.

jc

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds