Ie8 Internet Options Won't Stay Open

Discussion in 'Software' started by spirittoo, Dec 4, 2015.

1. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

Well sir ... I had to reinstall windows xp for a neighbor and when I go to IE and click on tools and internet options the box flashes for a brief second and disappears. I have tried several things. Like running a xp fix internet option vbs ... or editing the registry under restrictions and deleting the outbrowser line ...something to that effect. I tried installing IE again but that didn't work. It's not the anti-virus because it wasn't installed when the problem started. I have Firefox installed, but he rather use IE. Any ideas what is blocking the option box in IE8? Thanks for reading my post.

2. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

Hilly ho!!! Well sir ... I got it together ... I had to go to start ... run ... type in iexpore -extoff with IE in the safe mode with no addons I was able to get to the internet options. Ta da!!!! :D
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds