IE8 not showing images

Discussion in 'Software' started by tnjfitzy, Oct 12, 2009.

1. tnjfitzy

tnjfitzy Private E-2

Hi all,

I have windows 7 and IE8 is playing up for me. I go to some sites and the images will not load, it ust show the red x in the box.

I have tried it with no add-ons, cleared cache and all browser history.
    I have even like removed it and put it back on as well and still nothing.

I have googled this trying to find a fix but nothing helps..
    I just can't figure it out, can someone please help me...

Thank You Heaps
    TJ

2. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

the red x usually indicates a missing pluggin have you installed adobe flash player and shockwave player if not installing these may help

3. Imperfect1

Imperfect1 Private First Class

The red X also may indicate that your Java applets are not loading where the images should be. Here is an article from Java that describes the problem and the solution. This particular article is slightly older, and refers to IE6, but it describes the problem well, and once you've diagnosed the problem on your system, you can check the Java site for the most recent solution.

"APPLETS - Red X image displayed where the applet should be, applets won't run": http://www.java.com/en/download/help/redximage.xml (You can find a plethora of additional help on Google if you research the key words in quotes.)

To find out if Java is working on your system visit: Test your Java Virtual Machine (JVM), and then, go to the Java website for the most recent Java downloads.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds