If you are familiar with windows 8 system ,& dell inspiron laptops please read!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by SK TRAY, Feb 15, 2013.

1. SK TRAY

SK TRAY Private E-2

Hello i am tray gaines ,i have a dell inspiron 3520 laptop,i recently been downloading tools and software from different websites for marketing ,& school reasons..problem started once i tried to download the program facebook blaster rar file ,i read on the website to download 7zip,or framework software dot net i did launch the p2p program to unload all the files of facebook blaster,once i did that the screen went crazy and went to a screen where it said system is locked please enter unlock code or complete survey to unlock it. So i tried completing the survey and it kept running me into circles not unlocking it ..can somebody please help me ,and explain what is going on ??? My guess is a virus or hacking through downloadin this 3rd party software

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I can't imagine that software being legit as a rar file...are you trying to warez it?

Also, the software sounds questionable in itself.

3. chookers

chookers Staff Sergeant

4. SK TRAY

SK TRAY Private E-2

WHAT'S warez and I was searching for a marketing tool for Facebook and Twitter ran into those programs called Facebook blaster and Twitter blaster ,my intuition is telling me it's a virus attack or whoever created that rar file is doing something to my computer I'm questioning the software itself because I never knew there was an unlock code and my laptop system can be locked ,I called dell today they said they can give me the unlock code but will charge me $239 .for that price I'd honestly rather pay somebody on this site or familiar with windows 8 ,Dell laptop and programming period..thanks for replying back to all of ya'll I really I mean REALLY NEED HELP..

5. psco2007

psco2007 Master Sergeant

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=warez

You've been infected.
    Repost in Malware Forum.

6. chookers

chookers Staff Sergeant

A word of warning; don't post any personal details on forums. People send computer robots ("bots") crawling across web pages looking for personal information and then use it to scam you. If I were you, I'd be very wary of letting anyone who rings you tell you what to do.

Here in Australia, people have been getting phone calls supposedly from Microsoft, telling them that it's been noticed that they have a virus on their computer. The caller then tells the callee to do this and that and by the end of the phone call, the computer owner has exposed their computer to abuse by the caller or one of their cohorts.

I gave you a link in my last post to a guide for cleaning malware off your computer and it's one of the safest things you can do. Use the guide and start work on the problem yourself. When you get to the bottom of the page and have to choose which link to use to continue, it's the Vista and Windows 7 link that you need. If you look at the small print just before the link, it tells you that.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

By the way, posting in the malware forum comes after going through the guide. That's your first step. As the guide says, if you have any problems following the instructions such as a program not working, make a note of that and keep going. The instructions are fairly clear and have extra information you can read if you need to. It's not a "quick fix" so don't expect to be done in 10 minutes but it's very thorough and does wonders for getting a computer out of trouble.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  7. SK TRAY

SK TRAY Private E-2

Thanks a million times to you guys ,so i choose the vista & windows 7 link even though i have windows 8??, and i will delete my number asap

8. psco2007

psco2007 Master Sergeant

You still haven't deleted your phone # - click "edit" and remove it.:)

9. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

10. psco2007

psco2007 Master Sergeant

This program will warn you of any suspicious sites and hopefully will prevent the problem you have from happening again.

http://www.mywot.com/

Also, you should create a backup of your system, so you can always go back to a previous time when it was clean.

http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.j...toid=d9fd4a3cdde5c010VgnVCM100000dd04090aRCRD

http://support.wdc.com/product/downloaddetail.asp?swid=119

If you have a Seagate, WD, or Maxtor hdd - this program from Acronis is free and works great.
    If not, try Macrium.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds