if you are good try solving this.....computer keeps restarting

Discussion in 'Software' started by zoglogic, Mar 1, 2005.

1. zoglogic

zoglogic Private E-2

every time i try to make this post my computer restarts, so i hope i can quickly type this out. recently my computer has been restarting and the error reports from microsoft have been various, however most of the time it reports its a driver related issue. the links on microsofts error report pages seem to advanced for me. is there any way to trouble shoot. i have no idea how to update drivers nor do i know where to find them. i do however know exactly what i did to my system in and around a 48hour period when these automatic starts begun... in this 48 hour period i did infact install alot of different software, including virus scans, hijack tools, zone alarm, creative software(sound card external) and reinstall some spyware tools aswell as an update from windows. so in some way i am lost as to where to begin. i hope this doesn't reboot or i will just have to go make a post at a cafe... i am using windows xp pro and an acer ferrari 3200, amd 64 mobile 2800, radeon 9700... what do you suggest and how can i make sure i am using the newest drivers for my notebook. also how to i install new drivers... cheers...

z

2. Feriol

Feriol Private E-2

since your using a notebook, have a look in power management for anything obvious. (try setting the profile to always on)

also check the battery alarm settings and actions
    (try de-activating the low and critical alarms)

and under the advanced tab, try setting the action when lid is closed to 'do nothing'

try these one at a time.

any help?

also try removing the battery,and use mains power only.

if of these solve your problem, let me know which and we can try and find a long term sollution.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds