Igoogle Gadgets

Discussion in 'Software' started by jman115, Feb 21, 2011.

1. jman115

jman115 Private E-2

A little info about me:
    I don't have much programming experience.
    I want to create an igoogle gadget. Nothing too elaborate.

I am a teacher and I would like to create an igoogle gadget my students and parents can download that I can update to deliver them current assignments/due dates, math tips relating to current topic of study, etc.

I am also a looking to be a principal and was hoping to develop one for my school that I can update sports scores, school activities, school board meetings etc.

So I am assuming I will need tabs for the different topics. Then I figured the easiest way to deliver this information would be through rss feeds from blogs?

I have been looking around for a good tutorial on how to do something like this, or an open source code that I could make a few tweaks to but have come up dry. Any help on how to do this or do I need to learn some programming first?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds