I'll show you mine. Now show me yours!

Discussion in 'Software' started by oneeyejack, Apr 25, 2011.

1. oneeyejack

oneeyejack Guest

Hi These are my Major Geeks down loads. Now show me yours!!

Attached Files:

2. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

Are you into the Canadian Hunter again?;)

3. oneeyejack

oneeyejack Guest

No Sir!! Is this a bad thread??:confused. I just like comparing my XP3 with others running XP3. I'm kind a proud of my PC. It's 7 years old and runs like a top. I keep it cleaned up. I thought some one might see a APP. and ask about it; then I would tell them to down load it at Major Geeks. Others might want to know if their is any thing in their program files they should get rid of. This thread will probably die a slow death, but that's OK.

4. oneeyejack

oneeyejack Guest

I use these to keep my PC clean of clutter and running smooth!
    CCleaner
    RegSeeker
    Eusing Registry
    Power Tools Resistry
    Wipe 2011
    Piriform Defrag.
    Eusing Registry Defrag
    Page Defrag
    Dupicate Cleaner
    Search EveryThing
    I have the cleanest PC in Oklahoma. 7 year old Dell 3000 runs like a top!! I keep 3 back up images of my OS on USB's and a secondary drive. I run Avira Free with Online Armor Firewall and Malwarebytes running in real time. I use Macrium Reflect to make back up images of my OS. I use Superantispyware , ESET, And Windows Live Scanner on demand. I use Faststone Capture and Faststone Re sizer for screen shots and pictures. I use CD burner and IMGBurn to burn CD's and DVD's. I use Foxit Reader for PDF files. I use Revo uninstaller to uninstall unwanted programs. I have a few more neat Apps, I use. Almost all of these can be down loaded from Major Geeks.

You might say oneeyejack I really don't care what you use; and that's fair, but I would like to know what you use :-D:-D and if you have any good Apps. you use that are different; I'll give them a shot.

5. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Looks like you've installed almost everything under the sun there oneeyejack, but if that were my comp I'd be looking to take half that stuff out rather than add to it. That pic in #1 btw isn't your MG downloads, it's your XP Program Files folder, and a noticeable absentee is any sort of virtual machine. Why not take a look at VirtualBox or VMware Player and start exploring other operating systems? There are loads of possibilities - take a look HERE for example to see what is freely available for VirtualBox.

These VMs do grab part of your RAM and hard disk, and as you are on XP you would need 2GB RAM to run a VM smoothly. Disk space is unlikely to be a problem though.

6. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Avira AntiVir
    Comodo Personal Firewall
    SuperAntiSpyware (manual scans)
    MalwareBytes (manual scans)
    SpywareBlaster
    WinPatrol
    UltimateDefrag
    AbsoluteUninstaller
    CCleaner

7. oneeyejack

oneeyejack Guest

Hi hrlow!!
    I forgot I also have SpywareBlaster. I'v heard of WinPatrol; will take a look at it.I don't see any Malware program running in real time; is that because you have WinPatrol??
    Thanks for your reply.
    PS would like to hear more about WinPatrol. Is it freeware??

8. oneeyejack

oneeyejack Guest

9. oneeyejack

oneeyejack Guest

Here's my hardware!!
    OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name DONETTA-C46FD94
    System Manufacturer Dell Computer Corporation
    System Model Dimension 3000
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel ~2394 Mhz
    BIOS Version/Date Dell Computer Corporation A02, 11/8/2004
    SMBIOS Version 2.3
    Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
    User Name DONETTA-C46FD94\Owner
    Time Zone Central Daylight Time
    Total Physical Memory 1,024.00 MB
    Available Physical Memory 502.55 MB
    Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
    Page File Space 2.40 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

PS Will ask this question again. Not much response last time. Does any one defrag their registry??

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2011
  10. oneeyejack

oneeyejack Guest

Re: I'll show you minThat pic in #1 btw isn't your MG downloads,e. Now show me yours!

Hi Earthling!! Yes your right it is my XP Program Files. Here's a screen shot made by Faststone Capture of all my programs in CCleaner uninstall tools!
    It's quite a list:-D

Attached Files:

11. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

No need to build or buy a new system for your current OS. Think Windows 7 when you think of a new machine; that will be the time to say goodbye to Win XP as your main system.

12. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

13. oneeyejack

oneeyejack Guest

Hi usaaveteran.
    OK Thanks for Info. I realize I will have to up grade to Windows 7 some day. Not really looking forward to that. I think I'll go to just a laptop when that day comes.

Hi hrlow. Thanks for the link to WinPatrol. Is it like Malwarebytes?? I feel like I'm well protected , but if that would help, I'm interested.

14. silas

silas MajorGeek

Avast
    SuperAntiSpyware(after scan)
    MalwareBytes(after scans)
    SpywareBlaster(nice little tool to add for protection)
    Ccleaner

And to mention I only use Ccleaner. Id just like to add that many people screw up there computers when messing with registry/important files. Just cause a program is on here or is good (doesn't mean it won't screw it up). So I suggest be careful.

15. oneeyejack

oneeyejack Guest

Hi silas.
    Great advise my friend about registry cleaners. Thank you for that. The registry is no place for inexperienced person. I should have added that in my reply's. Thanks for adding that to this thread. I forget to mention that and it's great advise. Don't mess with the registry if you don't know what your doing period
    Having said that. What is your opinion of defraging the registry?? The way I understand it is it's just like defraging the HD, and doesn't delete any thing. I used it and my registry was 25% fragmented. Now only .4%. I think it helped me just a little on some things.

16. oneeyejack

oneeyejack Guest

Here's my registry after defraging it!! It is now 1.5% Not recommended to defrag it yet.

Attached Files:

17. oneeyejack

oneeyejack Guest

Hi!!
    Here's my processes! Anyone see a problem??

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds