I'm being locked out of the task manager

Discussion in 'Software' started by lkingma, Nov 6, 2004.

1. lkingma

lkingma Private E-2

I don't know what's causing it. I'm running winXP Home. I'm not sure if this is related to a program I had installed called Watch Dog that restricts time and access to features. I uninstalled it a couple weeks ago. The strange thing is it's only blocking me out. All of the other users have access to the task manager. Adaware recognizes that something is locking me out and I've tried using that to fix it and it comes right back. I've located the key in the registry and have tried to modify it and that works until I click on something else and it changes right back. I've renamed it, deleted it, and nothing seems to work. Any ideas where to start?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds