I'm going around the twist trying to update WMP 10 codec pack

Discussion in 'Software' started by bigbazza, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

I'm trying to update the codecs so I can play the YouTube video I downloaded of Bianca Ryan's first appearance on America's got talent.

I have succesfully downloaded the video, but WMP 10 only plays the audio, not the video. I don't want to upgrade to WMP 11 just yet.

I've downloaded, installed, tried and deleted the following, as they all played audio and no video.

XP-Codec-Pack-2.0.8
    wecp.exe (Windows Essentials Codecs pack)
    DivXCodec.exe

Even installed the latest WMP 10 MS update, no change.

I've even tried uninstalling WMP 10. MS says it's going to rollback to an earlier version. There ain't no earlier version, never was on this install.
    MS D*ckheads.

Tried deleting the Folder wouldn't let me.

Tried re-installing it over current WMp 10, didn't work either.

WMP 10 Auto-updates was ticked (checked) already, but didn't appear to do anything.

I never usually use WMP 10, prefer MMJBox, but need WMP 10 for video.

Anyone recommend a Media Player that will play YouTube videos, or what codecs I need to update WMP 10, or do I have to weaken and go to WMP 11.

Can WMP 11 be setup, so as not to "ring home"?
    Any other gotchas I should be aware of if I go to WMP 11.

Sorry this is so long, but I want to see Bianca in action, not just hear her. :D Bazza

2. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Great one, plastidust. K-Lite works !! :major
    Video is more grainy than the original but that is probably because it is a download, and my laptop graphics are only 128 megs. Thanks again. :cool Bazza

===

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds