I'm having a Microsoft C++ Runtime erroe

Discussion in 'Software' started by bluewr, May 1, 2006.

1. bluewr

bluewr Private E-2

When ever I try to run a game, this error pop up
    Microsoft C++ Runtime Library
    Runtime Error
    Program:C:/Programfile/gamefolder/Gamename.exe
    Abnormal Program termination

I tried reinstalling Visualbasic 6.0 runtim, and SFC/scannow through the cmd window which still doesn't solve the problem.
    I'm running window XP professional, internet explorer and controlpanel and add/remove work fine, and I scan daily for adware through adaware, ewido and spyware search and destroy and use nortan antivirus weekly.

My computer work completely fine, except this game won't run through that error, any help would be appreciated.

2. bluewr

bluewr Private E-2

I've also tried reinstalling the game, but it still doesn't work, any help would be appreciated

3. theefool

theefool Geekified

XP pro, and what service pack level? All windows updates also?

Also, what game is this?

4. bluewr

bluewr Private E-2

SP1 and all window update are installed.
    Game is legend of Heros VI

I meet all the requirement for the game, and the company don't know why I am having this problem.

5. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Sorry for the delay in replying .... suggestion that you check the file and see if you have full permissions ....right click on the file, choose properties, security and make sure all users have full control (may have to add a user if you .... the user that you log into...is not listed and give yourself full permissions). That's the only thing I can think to tell you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds